Saturday, December 03, 2011

JAGRAT DESAI: ITEM BOY OF TERE MERE PHERE

JAGRAT DESAI: ITEM BOY OF TERE MERE PHERE

JAGRAT-DESAI

Jagrat Desai aspired from childhood of becoming a well established actor.He started his voyage into the industryas Assistant Director in Calcutta mail and many more…. finally TERE MERE PHERE as a lead actor.

eMangrol Our correspondent Minal Abhange speaks exclusively to the veteran to know detailled insights about his first film.

With enormous dedication finally your dream of starring as a lead actor comes true!!!!

Every effort pays of nothing goes in vain. TERE MERE PHERE is a fresh flavour on the block like its actor-actress. It highlights the relationship pangas of Men- Women. Jagrat takes off his career graph striking along the lines of Aamir Khan’s item boy genre. Now the time has come to see what viewers’ feel about his work.

Before that, let us know more about the film.

Jagrat Desai with Sasha Goradia in TERE MERE PHERE

What is your take on TERE MERE PHERE? It being your first film?

Working with Deepa Sahi was absolutely a fabulous experience as, she enormous experience as a actor however this being her debut film as an director . She gave us all the freedom yet guided us to stay focussed. I felt like I was performing acrobatics at a circus dangerous and risky but Deepa constantly supported and sheilded me throughout the film. She at every point challenged my instincts and I too kept upto her expections.

Have you taken any formal acting training?

Having studied at SRI AUROBINDO INTERNATIONAL CENTRE OF EDUCATION I was trained as a professional on all the elements of actinga as well as designing costumes, dialogue writing . Since then I aspired to become an actor and take acting as a professional. ST. XAVIERS COLLEGE MUMBAI’S Mass communication was the next step which conceptualised and shaped my knowledge about film direction, production and acting.

Jagrat Desai with Sasha Goradia in the film TERE MERE PHERE

What was the most memorable yet tough part in the film?

I really feel so brave today there is a scene were Deepaji wanted me to strip at Rohtang pass in extreme temperatures. When we reached the location the temperature was -2 C and I had to take off my t-shirt, drop my pants and perform a gig only in boxers.The wind was piercing my body but all thanks to Deepaji, she ensured blankets and shawls to cover me up instantly as soon as the shot was finalised. It was somekind of revenge aimed on me but was fun.

Who is your idol in the industry?

I consider Rishi Kapoor as my idol in the industry. I am a big fan of Salman Khan.

A Poster of TERE MERE PHERE

How was it working with Sasha Goradia?

Working with Sasha was fun, she is a very friendly person. What I really like about her is that she is very dedicated towards her very calm,yet professional and sorted when it comes to her work. Hope people like her work, she naturally plays the character which made me very comfortable as a co-star.

How did you prepare yourself for the character?

The film is about the differences between male and female genders their nuiances, playing Rahul Bhasin was initially a challenge but with the freedom Deepa gave me it was fun.At no point there were confusions about the character as it is a tangy gender war tapping the perfect chemistry of being incomplete alone between Sasha and me.

What was the biggest challenge while shooting?

We were shooting in the lush green mountains of Himachal for the song Bum Bhole which had a few line in the regional Himachali dialect. Every time we decided to shoot and ready with arrangements clouds would appear, this happened constantly
for eight days and finally the climate was supportive after a month and we shot the song.

Your favourite song?

Bum Bhole is very close to me as I was born on Mahashivratri.Also a strong believer of Lord Shiva

Where are you originally from?

I was born in Mumbai stayed here for a few years then moved to Surat after nine years moved to Pondicherry for studies at Sri Aurobindo International Centre Of Education. Mumbai is my favourite place I like visiting Gohad road in Surat, St. Xaviers college as and when time permits.

Why should people watch the movie?

Tere Mere Phere is all about the similarities and differences between Men and Women. The never ending relationship panga makes the film stand out.The light hearted theme will entertain every viewer. If you are stressed, want to laugh have fun with family and friends, longing for a fun packaged evening watch the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment